GTF Mafia XXXII - Newfags vs. Oldfags: Game Over - Town won

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

Re: GTF Mafia XXXII - Newfags vs. Oldfags: Day One

Unread postby Cobalt » 11th February, 2018, 11:07 am

Flower wrote:I played / hosted (not here) Werewolf [and its many variants] and I know that the first day lynches often result an innocent death as the lynched person have a %21.428571429 chance of being an oldfag.

Most of you know each other, you can have guesses about who the oldfags are but I don't know any of you well, so I don't have any clue for now and random lynching is harmful. This is why I'm going to vote NO BAN.

An innocent lynch is better than no lynch, especially if the wagons wind up being close. Day One lynch wagons are often the most telling, ESPECIALLY after at least one mafia flips. If someone is confirmed mafia on a day one wagon it’s easy to draw connections from that.

No lynching is an unacceptable day one move and the never ending argument here on GTF. There is absolutely no sense in doing nothing and letting scum have the first move.

It’s not about RANDOM lynching, it’s about discerning who’s the most suspicious out of day one posts, poking people to see who gets defensive, and seeing what connections are being made to make an educated guess. Yes a random lynch will only be a 21% chance at hitting scum or whatever, but it’s not random. Educated guesses and thread interactions definitely raise that percentage ESPECIALLY when you have a bunch of veterans who have experience with each other’s meta.

Get with it Flower. No lynching is bad the end
Cobalt
Momderator

Likes received: 303

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 11th February, 2018, 11:08 am

Also if there’s no Cobalt card as the other mafia member I’m banning Jan on the forum for realsies xoxo
Cobalt
Momderator

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Sig » 11th February, 2018, 11:09 am

Yeah I don't like no lynching, but it doesn't mean your mafia and this is a smaller game they're wrong but it isn't mafia indication.

linki: Cobalt shouldn't you know who the scum are? You're in the chat right. :P
Sig
Sig4ourEcEenTriK

First name: Sigurd :P
Likes received: 9

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 11th February, 2018, 11:10 am

Sig wrote:I'm also going to throw this out there, since I distinctly remember leading a lynch on a silenced player here, if someone is silenced don't lynch them. Just wait until they can caught it's very unethical and a shitty way to play, plus no spew ect.

Unless you have several reasons to believe the person is mafia and the silence is an intentional stall.

I mean generally yeah don’t do it when someone can’t defend themselves cuz it’s shitty but also don’t let scum use a cheap tactic to delay an extra phase ya know?
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 11th February, 2018, 11:10 am

Kaspar wrote:Tbh, if you wanted to push Corey lynch and had it planned, you could have very well generated a number and legitimately have it as receipts, then when he turns town "Oh rip but it was random". This reeks, Pete, this reeks a lot.

Random or not—though it was—what's with the defense for Corey? You wanna keep your scum-buddy alive?
^That's for Jan since he's hosting the game xx
Henry Clay compromised the being of the United States.
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
Petre
Mafia A Rank

First name: Peter
Likes received: 163

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Cobalt » 11th February, 2018, 11:11 am

Sig wrote:Yeah I don't like no lynching, but it doesn't mean your mafia and this is a smaller game they're wrong but it isn't mafia indication.

linki: Cobalt shouldn't you know who the scum are? You're in the chat right. :P

I didn’t say Flower was scum, just that they needed to get with the program and actually play well.

And oh yeah I forgot let me check my teammates’ Role PMs. Good job catching my fake dumbspew Sig
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 11th February, 2018, 11:12 am

Petre wrote:Okay, this is getting boring. So I went to a random number generator, plugged in numbers 1-14, hit "generate," and it gave me number four. So, I'm gonna ban number four on the player list, AKA Corrdorr. So, Ban Corrdorr. Let's see what happens xx

Ban Petre

Bad post is bad.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Sig » 11th February, 2018, 11:12 am

In reality I'm feeling good about JT and Corey so far, thought we will see after N1.
Okay about Kaspar
Meh about Lochlan and Petre

Oh and Ryan's first post gut read as okay to me

linki: lol yeah I'm glad I caught it to. Also i see your point with the silencer thing, but it's a good rule of thumb not to lynch them unless you're almost certain they're mafia.
Sig
Sig4ourEcEenTriK

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 11th February, 2018, 11:13 am

Kasp is pinging me townlean because of his reaction to Petre.

Lochlan’s OMGUS seems pretty genuine given that I already thought Corey was overreacting. Leaning town on Loch as well.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 11th February, 2018, 11:14 am

Sig wrote:In reality I'm feeling good about JT and Corey so far, thought we will see after N1.
Okay about Kaspar

linki: lol yeah I'm glad I caught it to. Also i see your point with the silencer thing, but it's a good rule of thumb not to lynch them unless you're almost certain they're mafia.

Don’t think you’re gonna pocket me Sig. You know better. :eli:
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Sig » 11th February, 2018, 11:21 am

Cobalt wrote:
Sig wrote:In reality I'm feeling good about JT and Corey so far, thought we will see after N1.
Okay about Kaspar

Don’t think you’re gonna pocket me Sig. You know better. :eli:

What if I called you daddy? :awesome:
Sig
Sig4ourEcEenTriK

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 11th February, 2018, 11:26 am

Okay, let's be honest, if Cobalt isn't an attempted kill by the Mafia tonight, then he's mafia. And if we're also being honest, now that Cobalt is going after me, tons of other people will and it's so early :rip: . Whatever happens, I don't think I'll go down that easily without stirring up some more shit.
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
Petre
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Sig » 11th February, 2018, 11:29 am

We've got over 12 hours left I think you might be being a bit dramatic?
Sig
Sig4ourEcEenTriK

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 11th February, 2018, 11:30 am

Sig wrote:We've got over 12 hours left I think you might be being a bit dramatic?

I always am x
Petre
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Lochlan » 11th February, 2018, 11:36 am

Petre wrote:Okay, let's be honest, if Cobalt isn't an attempted kill by the Mafia tonight, then he's mafia. And if we're also being honest, now that Cobalt is going after me, tons of other people will and it's so early :rip: . Whatever happens, I don't think I'll go down that easily without stirring up some more shit.

Ban Petre I haven't liked any of your posts so far, but trying to secure a Cobalt lynch day 2 is a big ol' scum move. Explain yourself.
Lochlan
BOT Hunter

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 296

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Zephyrus » 11th February, 2018, 11:42 am

Petre is very messy. I feel like if he was scum, he wouldn't be this reckless, but nevertheless, it's suspicious. I want to see how this situation develops before I cast a vote.
Image Image
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

First name: Tyler
Likes received: 104

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby PokemonKidRyan » 11th February, 2018, 11:47 am

So voting here is ‘banning’ people?
Alright, I agree that No Voting is normally a bad thing.
As deaths = Information = An opportunity to consider things from a flipped scum/townie
Kind Wolf (Alex) you are the love of my life.
I'm so lucky to have you~

Having fun meeting new people and playing more games.
PokemonKidRyan

First name: Ryan

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Sig » 11th February, 2018, 11:49 am

Lochlan wrote:
Petre wrote:Okay, let's be honest, if Cobalt isn't an attempted kill by the Mafia tonight, then he's mafia. And if we're also being honest, now that Cobalt is going after me, tons of other people will and it's so early :rip: . Whatever happens, I don't think I'll go down that easily without stirring up some more shit.

Ban Petre I haven't liked any of your posts so far, but trying to secure a Cobalt lynch day 2 is a big ol' scum move. Explain yourself.

If Petre flips civ what would you think of JT?
Sig
Sig4ourEcEenTriK

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Sig » 11th February, 2018, 11:49 am

PokemonKidRyan wrote:So voting here is ‘banning’ people?
Alright, I agree that No Voting is normally a bad thing.
As deaths = Information = An opportunity to consider things from a flipped scum/townie

Yeah, for this game it is.
Sig
Sig4ourEcEenTriK

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 11th February, 2018, 11:50 am

Lochlan wrote:

I was just following what more experienced players have put up in the past, even Cobalt himself, in the last mafia game:
Quinn wrote:He DOES have an intensive history of being lynched day 1 or killed night 1. It’s an unfortunate pattern that warrants some paranoia, in my opinion.

Cobalt wrote:You don’t lynch Cobalt unless Cobalt has gone half the game without finding any scum.

Basically, what I got from these posts is that if Cobalt isn't definitively townfirmed day one, he's scum. But I tend to interpret a bunch of shit wrong, which is why my English grade on rhetorical analyses are terrible :weep:
Petre
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

PreviousNext

Recently active